Mental ill health treatment is not a problem that can be solved on a individual effort or by personal lifestyle changes. It needs a collective effort to return the fruits of labor back into the hands of the laborer and out of the bellies and store-rooms of the few.
We are Red Fightback – a revolutionary Marxist‐Leninist party in Britain that is dedicated to the struggle against capitalism, imperialism, opportunism, the climate crisis, and oppressive structures that sustain and are sustained by class, such as racism, sexism, and ableism.
We exist because there is a vacuum in British revolutionary politics – there is no other communist party in Britain that fulfils all of the following key points:
- Is a Marxist-Leninist party that practices democratic centralism
- Stands up for oppressed people and groups, acknowledging the class origins of their oppression without falling into class reductionism
- Deals with abuse and complaints in a transparent, timely and effective manner
- Makes the climate crisis a priority
- Refuses to take an opportunist approach (i.e. a different set of politicians won’t fix our problems, only a different system)
- Practices true democracy amongst its members
Together, we can bring an end to capitalism and usher in a future for all of us, instead of a future intended just for businesses, business owners and the ruling classes.
Want to know more about our core beliefs?
Click below to see what we’re struggling towards.
Thinking of joining? Here’s what we can offer:
- Support for the campaigns of our members, supporters and people in desperate need of help that share our goals
- Personal support for people struggling under societal pressures
- Theory and mentoring sessions to develop revolutionary theory and practices, and gain a deeper understanding of Marxist theory and praxis in Britain today.
- Opportunities for activism – from writing, to organising events and protests
- A non-ableist environment – we will only ever ask you to do what you are able to do
- A safe environment with zero tolerance for abuse, oppressive behaviour and vitriol
- Ability to take part in any part of the organisation – from branch work to the Central Committee, all positions are democratically elected
- A serious approach to the possibility of revolution – we don’t just sit on our hands!
The interim membership process
After you contact us, we will assign you a mentor and a branch. Your mentor will be your guide and mentor through the initial stages of joining Red Fightback. We have an Entry Educational Programme, with weekly sessions, that everyone needs to complete prior to becoming a member. More details on this will be provided by your mentor. We'll make sure you can attend sessions that fit your schedule, and that any access needs are met.
You'll also have the opportunity to get involved with your local branch. We encourage everyone to get stuck into branch work early on - there's plenty to do even before you're a full member. Branches have their own programmes of local activity, and socials so you can get to know the people you'll be working with better. Get in touch!
As a full member, you will be expected to pay subs in order to keep the organisation running and to provide assistance to other members where necessary. You won't have to pay dues before becoming a member.
The current minimum monthly rates of subs are as follows:
- Unwaged/student: £2 (optional)
- Waged under £ 30,000p.a.: £5(+)
- Waged over £30,000p.a.: £10(+)
How to join Red Fightback
It all starts here: fill out our contact form below and someone will be in touch shortly.
Looking to contact us for another reason? Click here.